The New Child Care Subsidy is commencing from July 2, 2018 and we’re here to support you every step of the way!
We have a new Support Line dedicated to answering all enquiries and can walk to you through the entire process, including eligibility, subsidy caps, calculators and more.
Phone: 1800 319 434
A quick guide to the New Government Child Care Subsidy
- The upcoming government change will commence from 2 July, 2018.
- The Australian Government is investing an additional $2.5 billion into early education and care over the next 4 years.
- This will support the 1.2 million families who use approved early education and care.
- The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) which will replace the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy.
- This will remove the current cap and provide assistance to more families in balancing work and early education and care.
The New Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will:
- Be simpler than the current multi-payment system.
- Reduce out of pocket expenses for most families.
- Be more targeted, providing further assistance to low and middle-income families.
How much Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will I be entitled to?
This will depend on three factors:
- How much ‘work related’ activity (see education.gov.au) you and your partner undertake each fortnight. The entitlement is based on the lesser activity figure for a member of a couple.
- Your total combined family income.
- The amount of early education child care undertaken.
For your convenience please use the button below to estimate your entitlements. This will allow you to make an informed decision around your individual family circumstances and if your family can enjoy even more benefits of being in early education and care.
The subsidy you will receive and any applicable cap will depend upon your own personal circumstances and is subject to your combined family income, hours of recognised activity and child care details. Even if you are currently receiving the Child Care Benefit or Child Care Rebate, you will need to update your details through your Centrelink account on MyGov. For more information visit The Department of Education’s website at education.gov.au/childcare.