What to expect on a centre tour
A centre tour is the perfect way to experience your centre of choice, seeing a world where children are inspired to explore, learn and grow.
We often have parents tell us that “the vibe” is the most important factor for them when choosing a centre. Upon walking into one of our centres, you may immediately know that it’s the perfect fit for your family; we encourage you to follow your gut instinct on this, asking us any questions you have along the way.
The tour is also a great way to spend time with the team members, finding out exactly who your child will be interacting with, and how they’ll be inspired throughout the day.
If you would like to book a tour at one of our centres, call us on 1800 413 885 today.
Naomi, Centre Manager, Community Kids Hoppers Crossing
“Starting at a new centre can create confusion and anxiety for families. To navigate the overwhelm, I provide personal experience having had my children starting in the care environment. We conduct a tour of the centre, explain all rooms and what children learn in each, introduce them to team members and talk about our learning programs.”
What you'll discover on a tour on one of our centres
- Meet and greet with our welcoming, supportive, qualified Educators, Centre Manager and in-house cook. View the healthy, wholesome meals being prepared, and enjoy a sample of that day’s snack.
- Enjoy a full description and viewing of the indoor and outdoor learning spaces with a comprehensive explanation of what children learn at each stage of their child care journey.
- Participate in a discussion on what the centres has on offer, including the specialised programs which may comprise of music and movement, yoga and mindfulness and sport.
- Discover more about the centre’s regular festivities, cultural celebrations, community involvements, centre excursions; plus other features such as on-site parking, nearby public transport and flexible or longer hours.
- Learn about on our all-in-one personalised family app – Xplor, which covers ongoing daily communication on your child’s progress and more.
- If required, receive assistance with enrolment, accounts, organising the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and answering any questions you may have.
- Receive a take-home parent pack. We know that selecting a child care centre for your child can be daunting and a tour can involve a wide range of information, so the team will give you a take-home parent pack which covers everything discussed on the centre tour.
What to ask a Centre Manager / Educator on your tour
Not sure where to begin on your tour? Here are some ideas, based on the most common questions centre managers receive.
Here are a few examples of questions you could ask:
- Ask about the fees; what is included in the daily fee? What will you need to bring?
- Ask about the programs, learning opportunities and benefits of a child care centre. Find out more about our learning programs and Kindergarten and Preschool program.
- Ask more about the team; how will they provide support for your family during busy times?
- Ask about the centre’s rating. The National Quality Standards (NQS) sets a national benchmark for education and child care services in Australia. If interested, why not go ahead and ask the Centre Manager what their NQS rating is, and what that rating means?
- Ask anything you like! There are never too many questions when it comes to your child’s care and the right centre will answer all your questions. See a list of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Rosalie, National Standout Educator Award for Family Engagement 2020 – WINNER
“I always personalise my tours with families according to their needs, I give them lots of information and background about our service and ask them what they are looking for in an early childhood service. We spend time looking across the whole centre but stay longer in the room that they are interested in.”
What's the next steps after the tour is complete?
Once the tour is complete, the team will answer any further questions you may have. They’ll also invite you back for a stay and play, giving your family the opportunity to get to know the centre and team even better.
You might like to also find out what other people have to say about the centre. Why not jump online and read centre reviews and testimonials to help support your decision – Google reviews are often a great place to start.
If you decide that the centre is best suited for your child, the team will walk your family through all the forms and administration that need to be arranged. This includes enrolment forms, subsidy information for the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), centre schedules, menus and more.
We always ensure we have open communication, assisting families as needed to guide them through the whole enrolment and orientation process. We always welcome families to spend time with us at the centre and see how we can facilitate their child’s learning and encourage families to be involved.
Orientation is an important first step, allowing you and your child to connect with our centre and our staff. Some familiarity will help ease the new routine and assist with a smoother transition.
We understand that starting at a new centre can be overwhelming and can cause anxiety for families. The first day can be especially challenging, and that is completely normal. Find out how to prepare for your child’s first day.
Our biggest goal on tours is to ensure families are happy and feel supported from the moment they step foot into the centre. If you would like to book a tour at one of our centres, contact us on 1800 413 885 today!
Sara, Centre Manager, First Grammar Bankstown
“During centre tours, I always ask parents to stop me if they have any questions. I understand many parents can be overwhelmed with emotion and need to know that me and my amazing team are there to support them, right from the beginning.”
We are proud of our reviews
Rose Garden Epping Early Learning Centre
Earth Kids Early Learning Centre
Fraser Avenue Early Learning Centre
Conder Early Learning Centre
"My children have been going to Little Angels since a very young age and they love it! All the educators and staff are fantastic and truly love their job."
Little Angels Early Learning Centre
Welly Road Early Learning Centre
Zebra Early Learning Centre
Mount Sheridan Early Education Centre